In this podcast, you will learn:
- The mindset of being a traveling DP and the equipment you’ll need to get the job done.
- The go-to equipment when you’re traveling and to always have in your back pocket.
- How to manage your equipment when you travel and to ensure success.
- The best equipment to travel with to light various environments.
- The value of renting equipment on jobs where you travel.
- What judder is when filming.
- The proper steps to combat judder on set and in post.
- Steps to getting the shot and moving on. Understanding how to be pleased with what you have.
- How to know when you should keep someone as a freelancer or when to hire them onto the team.
- The difference between freelancers and employees in the film industry. The pros and cons.
- Planning your next shots in a sequence.
- How to know which shot should come next in the edit.
- How to know which shot you should shoot next on the day.
- The proper steps to planning your shooting schedule and envisioning the final product.
Being a filmmaker is all about making decisions and seeing the vision at the end of the tunnel. It’s never an easy process figuring out what you’ll need on the day and how to get that desired look. In this podcast, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and Lydia Hurlbut discuss the rigors of being a DP and the items you should considering owning. Whether you are shooting local or traveling around the world, you’ll need to know the right tools that’ll help YOU get the job done. There are a lot of varying logistics to face throughout your career. After this, you’ll have an understanding of what it takes to make your vision a reality.