In this podcast, you will learn:
- What it means to be a female filmmaker in the 21st century.
- How to get your start as a female filmmaker in the industry.
- How to make yourself standout in the industry.
- Discussing some of the foreseeable changes coming in the future with more women filmmakers.
- Coming to terms with the struggles that lie ahead on your journey.
- Knowing when you need a backup plan and how to feel financially secure in the film industry.
- How to keep yourself on track through the ups and downs.
- Creating a plan of attack for dry spells.
- Why surrounding yourself with a network of supportive people is important.
- How to manage your stress in the midst of the film industry.
- Understanding how to structure your schedule to create a routine that works for you.
- How to make the most of you time.
- How to leave your stresses behind and look forward in your career.
- When to let go of your surroundings.
- Knowing how to haggle your day rates on projects.
- How to converse with producers and your fellow filmmaking peers when entering into a new project.
- Making sure you always get something out of the project if you have to accept a lesser rate.
Over the last few years, we have ushered in a new presence in the film industry and can feel the tides changing from being a less male-dominated work force and becoming more inclusive of the world around us. The way we tell stories, understand characters, and perceive our fellow peers are taking the main-stage.
In this podcast, Shane and Lydia discuss what it means to be a female filmmaker in the 21st century, how to manage your stress in tough times, if you should have a backup plan, and how to organize your finances early on in your career.
Shane’s Inner Circle members through 11/29/17 received this content as part of their membership.
Join now and never miss an article like this!