If you are an Inner Circle member please contact email@example.com before purchasing for a special discount.
This bundle contains over 3 hours of video content; written analysis; plus 14 custom LUTs to download and own.
In this packed series, you’ll get:
- What to Have in your RED Toolkit
- Extensive RED Dragon Camera Tests
- Compression Test
- Day ISO Noise Test
- Night ISO Noise Test
- IR Pollution Test
- IR Pollution Test Low Light OLPF vs Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone OLPF
- IR ND Filter vs Non-IR Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs Hot Mirror IR ND Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs True ND Filter Test
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- IRE Value vs Canon C500 IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- Under-Exposure Latitude Test
- Over-Exposure Latitude Test
- Day Backlight
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone Highlight OLPF
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Low Light OLPF
- Each Test includes comparisons of the Standard OLPF, the Skin Tone Highlight OLPF and the Low Light OLPF.
- Black Shading Protocol
- Understanding Fan Settings
- Understanding Camera Temperatures in relationship to Frame Rate Recording Modes
- Learn how to optimize your Dragon sensor to get the cleanest image possible
- Advanced Heat Management
- Learn tips & tricks to getting the camera to work in extreme conditions
- Learn the other half of optimizing your Dragon sensor to get the cleanest image possible
- 14 RED Dragon Look Up Tables (LUTs)
- A Look at RED Dragon LUTs
- Skin Tone
- North Light Neutral
- North Light Cool
- North Light Crush
- North Light Wash
- Gold Crush
- Cyan Night Interior
- Neutral Day Interior
- Dawn Interior
- Gold Interior
This Camera Technician series will help you get the best performance out of all of your RED Dragon camera systems. My secret weapon, Chris Herr, is going to walk you through how he dialed in this camera system for AMC’s Into the Badlands and countless commercials. He walks you through how to maximize this system’s potential by showing you the tools, the black shade protocol, and the way to manage your heat to the sensor.
You’ll see the camera’s latitude, its ISO noise levels, and what ISOs work the best for when. We’ll go through the different types of OLPFs and how they can help tell your story. We dive into IR pollution on the camera’s sensor using Neutral Density filters to see how it affects your color space, and then educate you on how to combat it.
I’m going to include all fourteen of the RED Dragon Look Up Tables that I use on my feature films and commercials. I will walk you through how each LUT helps you to tell your cinematic story. All of this is an effort to show you how to get the best out of your RED Dragon.
Total Value $250
Read more about “Camera Technical Series: Get the Best Out of Your RED Dragon Sensor” and watch a five-minute preview on the Hurlblog.
All videos were edited on HP Z840 workstations using HP Z24x DreamColor monitors.