I felt it was important to build a page that has a specific interest in the trailblazing, innovating and specifics of creating Need For Speed. So our web dream team, armed with my wife Lydia’s vision, designed a page that will be your one stop shop for all that is Need For Speed.
“What’s on the Page”
• All the Latest Trailers
• Behind the Scenes Videos
• Exciting BTS Photo Gallery
• Blog Posts Centered Around the Film
• Sponsor Contests
• Press Articles
We thought it would be fun to conduct a contest with the launch of our GoPro sponsored Need for Speed page. Have any of you read about or played Where’s Waldo? when you were little? The first blog entry that Hurlbut Visuals ever posted was “Where’s the 5D?” That was four years ago while shooting of Act of Valor. That blog went viral to a point that it took down the server in less than 15 minutes. We had a surge of over 80,000 hits. I thank all of you for this incredible support.
This time we are at another crossroads. With all the amazing cameras to use as tools to help tell your story, many have not yet embraced the GoPro for 60’ cinematic release. I felt it was going to be a tool that could deliver angles that no one has ever seen and immerse an audience at speeds never experienced. WHY NOT USE THAT TOOL?
Find the GoPro Hero 3 shot(s) in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer. Submit your frame(s) by screen grabbing them and uploading them into the form below. One winner will get a new GoPro Hero 3 Plus and a half hour phone consult with me. The first person to select the correct shot(s) and answer all five of the trivia questions correctly will win.
• Contest is open February 4 through February 18 (my 50th birthday) at Midnight PST.
• Grand Prize is 1 GoPro Hero 3+ and a 1/2 hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC.
• Open worldwide.
• One entry per person and per email address.
• Hurlbut Visuals, Revolution Cinema Rentals, Need for Speed, DreamWorks, and GoPro employees, associates and their families are not eligible to win.
• Watch the Need for Speed SuperBowl trailer (embedded below).
• With your contest entry, upload screen grab(s) of all of the GoPro shot(s) in the trailer.
• Answer all five of the trivia questions.
• The first person to enter with five correct trivia question answers and the correct GoPro screen grab(s) will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner.
Color correction gels can be used many ways, but what I will discuss is how to use them in...
In the world of HDSLR technology, media management is a very important position. Every Elite Team member has...
Need for Speed photography was done practically without the existence of CGI cars, planes, helicopters or virtual worlds and...
The approach to selecting cameras for Need for Speed. It's about each camera's unique abilities and how to use...
These extensive tests between the Red Epic and the Canon C500 were conducted over three days with seven other...
I have had many discussions about the different lens options other than Zeiss ZE’s and Canon’s that mount to...
Here is the breakdown for the Mountain Rescue portion of Navy Swimmer. - 1-camera in deep...
It has been a whirlwind since NAB, with all of the new emerging 4K technology and where this fits...