“The Need for Speed Page on the HurlBlog”
I felt it was important to build a page that has a specific interest in the trailblazing, innovating and specifics of creating Need For Speed. So our web dream team, armed with my wife Lydia’s vision, designed a page that will be your one stop shop for all that is Need For Speed.
“What’s on the Page”
• All the Latest Trailers
• Behind the Scenes Videos
• Exciting BTS Photo Gallery
• Blog Posts Centered Around the Film
• Sponsor Contests
• Press Articles
“Where’s the GoPro? Contest”
We thought it would be fun to conduct a contest with the launch of our GoPro sponsored Need for Speed page. Have any of you read about or played Where’s Waldo? when you were little? The first blog entry that Hurlbut Visuals ever posted was “Where’s the 5D?” That was four years ago while shooting of Act of Valor. That blog went viral to a point that it took down the server in less than 15 minutes. We had a surge of over 80,000 hits. I thank all of you for this incredible support.
This time we are at another crossroads. With all the amazing cameras to use as tools to help tell your story, many have not yet embraced the GoPro for 60’ cinematic release. I felt it was going to be a tool that could deliver angles that no one has ever seen and immerse an audience at speeds never experienced. WHY NOT USE THAT TOOL?
“Enter the Where’s the GoPro? Contest”
Find the GoPro Hero 3 shot(s) in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer. Submit your frame(s) by screen grabbing them and uploading them into the form below. One winner will get a new GoPro Hero 3 Plus and a half hour phone consult with me. The first person to select the correct shot(s) and answer all five of the trivia questions correctly will win.
• Contest is open February 4 through February 18 (my 50th birthday) at Midnight PST.
• Grand Prize is 1 GoPro Hero 3+ and a 1/2 hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC.
• Open worldwide.
• One entry per person and per email address.
• Hurlbut Visuals, Revolution Cinema Rentals, Need for Speed, DreamWorks, and GoPro employees, associates and their families are not eligible to win.
• Watch the Need for Speed SuperBowl trailer (embedded below).
• With your contest entry, upload screen grab(s) of all of the GoPro shot(s) in the trailer.
• Answer all five of the trivia questions.
• The first person to enter with five correct trivia question answers and the correct GoPro screen grab(s) will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner.
Sorry, the contest is now over.
How we shot the action sequences for a series of Trane AC commercials with extreme heat and a...
First up in our new series of gear reviews, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 with the interface unit that has...
This podcast covers how we put you in the driver's seat at 180mph on Need for Speed, plus more...
Vincent LaForet recently announced an exiting video contest where he is collaborating with Canon and Vimeo. I am excited...
The Untitled Navy SEAL movie has taken me to some of the most extreme working conditions that I have...
The accessorizing required to turn your Canon 1DC into a Movie Making Machine.
I am on the road again directing for Bandito Brothers www.banditobrothers.com/ and loving it. As a filmmaker, I...
I want to invite all of you to Cine Gear 2011. Hurlbut Visuals is launching our new DSLR Cinema...