I felt it was important to build a page that has a specific interest in the trailblazing, innovating and specifics of creating Need For Speed. So our web dream team, armed with my wife Lydia’s vision, designed a page that will be your one stop shop for all that is Need For Speed.
“What’s on the Page”
• All the Latest Trailers
• Behind the Scenes Videos
• Exciting BTS Photo Gallery
• Blog Posts Centered Around the Film
• Sponsor Contests
• Press Articles
We thought it would be fun to conduct a contest with the launch of our GoPro sponsored Need for Speed page. Have any of you read about or played Where’s Waldo? when you were little? The first blog entry that Hurlbut Visuals ever posted was “Where’s the 5D?” That was four years ago while shooting of Act of Valor. That blog went viral to a point that it took down the server in less than 15 minutes. We had a surge of over 80,000 hits. I thank all of you for this incredible support.
This time we are at another crossroads. With all the amazing cameras to use as tools to help tell your story, many have not yet embraced the GoPro for 60’ cinematic release. I felt it was going to be a tool that could deliver angles that no one has ever seen and immerse an audience at speeds never experienced. WHY NOT USE THAT TOOL?
Find the GoPro Hero 3 shot(s) in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer. Submit your frame(s) by screen grabbing them and uploading them into the form below. One winner will get a new GoPro Hero 3 Plus and a half hour phone consult with me. The first person to select the correct shot(s) and answer all five of the trivia questions correctly will win.
• Contest is open February 4 through February 18 (my 50th birthday) at Midnight PST.
• Grand Prize is 1 GoPro Hero 3+ and a 1/2 hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC.
• Open worldwide.
• One entry per person and per email address.
• Hurlbut Visuals, Revolution Cinema Rentals, Need for Speed, DreamWorks, and GoPro employees, associates and their families are not eligible to win.
• Watch the Need for Speed SuperBowl trailer (embedded below).
• With your contest entry, upload screen grab(s) of all of the GoPro shot(s) in the trailer.
• Answer all five of the trivia questions.
• The first person to enter with five correct trivia question answers and the correct GoPro screen grab(s) will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner.
Since the invention of the Canon 5D, it has taken scouting to a whole new level and preparing that...
The Codex S Recorder is incredibly lightweight and gives you assurance that your negative is under lock and key....
The Need for Speed camera test comparisons continue, with the Canon C500 vs. 35mm Kodak film stock.
How to test your camera’s latitude. This is one of the most important tests that you can perform because...
The Bandito Brothers Production Company has a very unique work flow. I have adopted the Bandito Brothers “Real Time”...
As the pressure from commercial production companies and the ad agencies started to inquire about needing 24p and that...
Vincent LaForet recently announced an exiting video contest where he is collaborating with Canon and Vimeo. I am excited...
With the release of the new Z27x and the Z24x monitors, we should look at what makes these babies...