“The Need for Speed Page on the HurlBlog”
I felt it was important to build a page that has a specific interest in the trailblazing, innovating and specifics of creating Need For Speed. So our web dream team, armed with my wife Lydia’s vision, designed a page that will be your one stop shop for all that is Need For Speed.
“What’s on the Page”
• All the Latest Trailers
• Behind the Scenes Videos
• Exciting BTS Photo Gallery
• Blog Posts Centered Around the Film
• Sponsor Contests
• Press Articles
“Where’s the GoPro? Contest”
We thought it would be fun to conduct a contest with the launch of our GoPro sponsored Need for Speed page. Have any of you read about or played Where’s Waldo? when you were little? The first blog entry that Hurlbut Visuals ever posted was “Where’s the 5D?” That was four years ago while shooting of Act of Valor. That blog went viral to a point that it took down the server in less than 15 minutes. We had a surge of over 80,000 hits. I thank all of you for this incredible support.
This time we are at another crossroads. With all the amazing cameras to use as tools to help tell your story, many have not yet embraced the GoPro for 60’ cinematic release. I felt it was going to be a tool that could deliver angles that no one has ever seen and immerse an audience at speeds never experienced. WHY NOT USE THAT TOOL?
“Enter the Where’s the GoPro? Contest”
Find the GoPro Hero 3 shot(s) in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer. Submit your frame(s) by screen grabbing them and uploading them into the form below. One winner will get a new GoPro Hero 3 Plus and a half hour phone consult with me. The first person to select the correct shot(s) and answer all five of the trivia questions correctly will win.
• Contest is open February 4 through February 18 (my 50th birthday) at Midnight PST.
• Grand Prize is 1 GoPro Hero 3+ and a 1/2 hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC.
• Open worldwide.
• One entry per person and per email address.
• Hurlbut Visuals, Revolution Cinema Rentals, Need for Speed, DreamWorks, and GoPro employees, associates and their families are not eligible to win.
• Watch the Need for Speed SuperBowl trailer (embedded below).
• With your contest entry, upload screen grab(s) of all of the GoPro shot(s) in the trailer.
• Answer all five of the trivia questions.
• The first person to enter with five correct trivia question answers and the correct GoPro screen grab(s) will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner.
Sorry, the contest is now over.
This podcast covers how we put you in the driver's seat at 180mph on Need for Speed, plus more...
In mid-October, I got a call from McG to see if I was available to do a Mountain
I spoke at "Adobe Tips and Flicks" in 2012 about "out of the box" filmmaking with the Canon 5D...
With the release of the new Z27x and the Z24x monitors, we should look at what makes these babies...
The master builds a camera design with forethought. They make it future proof; they think out of the box,...
The power of the SmallHD DP-7 and why I believe in it so much.
The Canon 5D Mark II is approximately 2.5 pounds with a still lens, 4.5" high 3" deep and 6"...
With the price decrease on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, new functions, firmware upgrades and the anticipated delivery of the...