I felt it was important to build a page that has a specific interest in the trailblazing, innovating and specifics of creating Need For Speed. So our web dream team, armed with my wife Lydia’s vision, designed a page that will be your one stop shop for all that is Need For Speed.
“What’s on the Page”
• All the Latest Trailers
• Behind the Scenes Videos
• Exciting BTS Photo Gallery
• Blog Posts Centered Around the Film
• Sponsor Contests
• Press Articles
We thought it would be fun to conduct a contest with the launch of our GoPro sponsored Need for Speed page. Have any of you read about or played Where’s Waldo? when you were little? The first blog entry that Hurlbut Visuals ever posted was “Where’s the 5D?” That was four years ago while shooting of Act of Valor. That blog went viral to a point that it took down the server in less than 15 minutes. We had a surge of over 80,000 hits. I thank all of you for this incredible support.
This time we are at another crossroads. With all the amazing cameras to use as tools to help tell your story, many have not yet embraced the GoPro for 60’ cinematic release. I felt it was going to be a tool that could deliver angles that no one has ever seen and immerse an audience at speeds never experienced. WHY NOT USE THAT TOOL?
Find the GoPro Hero 3 shot(s) in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer. Submit your frame(s) by screen grabbing them and uploading them into the form below. One winner will get a new GoPro Hero 3 Plus and a half hour phone consult with me. The first person to select the correct shot(s) and answer all five of the trivia questions correctly will win.
• Contest is open February 4 through February 18 (my 50th birthday) at Midnight PST.
• Grand Prize is 1 GoPro Hero 3+ and a 1/2 hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC.
• Open worldwide.
• One entry per person and per email address.
• Hurlbut Visuals, Revolution Cinema Rentals, Need for Speed, DreamWorks, and GoPro employees, associates and their families are not eligible to win.
• Watch the Need for Speed SuperBowl trailer (embedded below).
• With your contest entry, upload screen grab(s) of all of the GoPro shot(s) in the trailer.
• Answer all five of the trivia questions.
• The first person to enter with five correct trivia question answers and the correct GoPro screen grab(s) will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner.
We have had an outpouring of positive feedback on Po Chan’s film “The Ticket.” Everyone at Hurlbut Visuals wanted...
After completing the Navy SEAL movie Act of Valor, my team and I created a workflow and camera
I love shooting commercials that make a difference and give back to local communities. Hurlbut Visuals recently collaborated with...
The Canon 5D Mark II opened the floodgates to new and creative filmmaking three years ago and is still...
Speed and production value are intertwined. Production budgets are shrinking and companies are asking for more from cinematographers and...
The Need for Speed camera test comparisons continue, with the Canon C500 vs. 35mm Kodak film stock.
Being the gatekeeper of the Hurlbut inventory, I see all types of gear come and go every week.
Into the Badlands was the testing ground for many pieces of new gear. Pushing equipment to its breaking point...