I’m really pleased to be a judge for the 2014 Sony PROduction Awards. This competition gives filmmakers from around the world a chance to elevate their careers and get their work in front of industry insiders. To enter, submit a new or existing film of up to five minutes in one of three categories: Creative, Factual and Student. The public will be given the opportunity to vote, and the 15 most popular entries (the top five in each category), will be screened by the judging panel. The other judges include Philip Bloom, Molly Clarke, Mohamed El Sehrawy, Nino Leitner, Den Lennie, Tony Marchant, Emmanuel Pampuri, Andrew Reid and Sebastian Wiegärtner.
We will pick a winner from each of the three categories, with a focus on:
– Technical ability and image impact. How well the content is shot, given the equipment used. It’s not about the sophistication of the kit. It’s about the sophistication of the way that kit is used. From high-end 35mm cinematic camera to smartphone. It’s what you do with it that counts.
– Creativity. How engaging the idea, content, cinematography, direction and production are.
Remember, it’s all about great storytelling, not the equipment!
– You can shoot with any camera, made by any manufacturer.
– Your film must be no longer than five minutes.
– If your film has any CGI or animation it must be no more than 25% of the film.
– The file size of your film must be no more than 250Mb.
What you can win:
– Sony NEX-FS700RH 4K Super 35mm Exmor CMOS sensor NXCAM camcorder.
– Sony UWP-D wireless microphone kit.
– Profile-raising publicity.
– Access to Sony’s cloud-based video production and library platform Ci℠.
– Students can also win admission to the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus for hands on experience with cutting edge production equipment.
Enter by March 10, 2014, the date when public voting will also open.
Here is the link to upload your film. Go get it!
I am not a great poker player so I was surprised when Benjamin emailed to ask me to be...
From an extra, to an actor, to a runner, to a production assistant, then a camera assistant, and now...
I am frequently asked how we get so many set ups in a day and how we stay on...
I want to thank all the early adopters from the bottom of my heart in seeing the power of...
My suggestion to all of you is to continue to educate yourself. Become a responsible filmmaker who will take...
For those of you in the Los Angeles area, we would like to invite you to an exciting free...
We have so many new digital tools at our disposal that you cannot just pick them up and start...
This podcast covers how we put you in the driver's seat at 180mph on Need for Speed, plus more...