Shaping the Hurlblog Based on Your Opinion and Feedback

Hello all co-collaborators.  We want to energize the HURLBLOG with content that meets your needs.  Please complete the following survey to help us make future  content more PERSONAL. All survey participants will be entered into a random drawing to win a 1-hour phone consult with Shane Hurlbut, ASC. We are accepting entries through 11:59pm July 15, 2011, and our winner will be announced by July 31, 2011. Thank you in advance for your feedback and time. Bring it on!  We are ready to deliver.

1. Aviv Vana 4 years ago

Such a great sign that you guys are asking input on what we want!

Thanks from everybody.

• Shane 4 years ago

Aviv Vana, thank you much for your support of us. We are trying to offer more than geeked out gear blogs.

I had to tick almost every box – I’d love to read your thoughts on all the above. If there’s one thing that sets you apart for me Shane it’s your practical lighting experience. As a young DP this is the kind of information that guides me and inspires me to try new things, to take your knowledge and experience and run with it on my own projects. The gear stuff I find uninspiring, and it becomes dated by something new the moment you’ve written a post about it. Practical lighting information, with the ‘why’ to back it up, is timeless. I’m hoping for more of your Lighting Series posts, they were superb. That kind of ‘why’ in terms of lens choices would be wonderful too. Thanks.

• Shane 4 years ago

Oli Kember, thank you so much for all of your wonderful kind words and continued support of our Hurlblog. The lighting series are going to fire back up again. Thank you for your feedback.

3. Bill Pryor 4 years ago

Fantastic info on your site. I really appreciate all you do for the film communities everywhere. The article on CS5.5 keyboard shortcuts is especially helpful as I transition from FCP.

4. Baron 4 years ago

Hi Shane, thanks for considering our thoughts. I registered for the survey a little late but keep me in the loop.

• Shane 4 years ago

Baron, thank you. We will be looking at all of these and shaping the Hurlblog to all of you.

5. Jim Malmstrom 4 years ago

Can’t thank you enough for your willingness to share, educate and inspire. I really get stoked after learning a new technique or concept – please know that your efforts are appreciated. There’s a helluva lot of fondness and respect out there for you as a DP and a person.

Thank you!

Jim Malmstrom

• Shane 4 years ago

Jim Malmstrom, these are the comments that continue to inspire me to do what I do. Thank you so much for your kind words.

6. Danny Hidalgo 4 years ago

Seriously appreciate how much you give back Shane, thank you!

• Shane 4 years ago

Danny Hidalgo, you are very welcome and thank you for your support.

7. Tom 4 years ago

As a guy usually operating and handling the camera, I often I can produce some creative materials of my own. Would love to see ‘mini’ assignments to help those struggling to find content. Something as simple as a single physical object or a multi line poem, by your recommendation would be ever better.

8. Bill Schleicher 4 years ago

Hey, who won? I never saw the results posted.