A Call-out to all Filmmaker Co-collaborators in Mexico

Wow, what a ride this last 18 months has been!  I find myself at the fore front of a technology that I know in my heart will change the way we EVENTUALLY make movies in Hollywood, but what is so exciting is that this is not a Hollywood story. This is a GLOBAL story that is inspiring filmmakers around the world.
uncle_sam

MEXICAN FILMMAKERS UNITE

mexican-flag

The Elite Team and I are coming to your front door step.  We are shooting a travel and tourism spot with Fresh Pictures directed by Rob Lawe for a resort in Cancun and we need you!  We can pay a good rate for crew.  We need 2 A.C’s that want to get a taste of the HDSLR BOOTCAMP that was held in LA last weekend in Cancun.  It is on the job training for two. We also need 6 Electricians and 4 Grips, 4 production assistants and 2 Drivers that want to contribute and help us blaze the trail with the HDSLR technology.  We have a very limited budget and the spot is to encourage Tourism to come back to Mexico.  Our shoot starts on the 8th of September and goes till the 22nd.  A very nice way to learn on the job with this HDSLR technology.  If you have worked with the 5D, you have not worked with the Hurlbut Visuals 5D Package.  Everywhere my Elite Team takes this package, the crews eyes go wide because there is a learning curve. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!   Budgets are shrinking, time is being reduced.  The Elite Team and I will help and get you up to speed. Thank you so much!

VIVA MEXICO !!!

1. Hi Shane I´m definately interested in beeing 2nd AC, in fact I shot there about a month and a half ago. I went to the Filmmakers Intensive with Philip Bloom, Jem Schofield, and many more for 2 weeks in Florida and I have also quite a bit of gear, and it would also be a very interesting opportunity to learn directly from you as well as do another interview with you for cinedigital.tv but now live. I have been shooting with HDSLR since june last year and I operate a 5D, a T2i and a GH1 as regular video cameras, and also have a lot of gear if needed.

Regards

José Luis Tamez
    CiberlexMedia/CineDigital.tv

2. Jerry Rojas 5 years ago

Hi!, I’m very interested… I currently live in Mérida Yucatán, (about 3 hrs from Cancún). I own a 7D fully equipped with mattebox and followfocus (just in case jajaja)

Regards

JR

3. Jerry Rojas 5 years ago

Do I need to send my resume to an e-mail? How do I apply for the job?

Looking forward to work together.

JR

4. Bill Walsh 5 years ago

Shane, is this only open to residents of Mexico? I would love to help out but I live in New Jersey.

5. Joseph Jang 5 years ago

Oh pick me to be your AC!! I’ve been shooting with hdslrs since last summer and I so badly wanted to partake in the bootcamp, but alas, I was out of the country.

6. Clive Mohale 5 years ago

Guys I ma in just say the word.

Clive Mohale, it is so great to hear from you. I would call you in but I have to call out two my co-collaborators in the great country of Mexico. Be well.

7. Clive Mohale 5 years ago

Opening shot of group A @ Bootcamp I did the focus pull can be assist.

8. guillermo 5 years ago

Hello. I live in monterrey mexico. Im a working DP 4 years experience mainly red Cam and 35mm. I recently bought a 5d to test out and see if I could shoot with it an up coming cable drama series in january. this would be a great oportunity to see how you guys work with it.. I would love to 2 ac an your team to get close to your pioneering workflows. I shot a commercial in cancun a year ago and know of an american grip who drove his truck down from LA to stay in cancun since they shoot quite a bit of stuff down there. ill try to find his contact info he has good equipment and is very experienced. how do I apply?

9. guillermo 5 years ago

Forgot to say Im fluent in production english and spanish.. and can take my trusted first AC who would also like to learn on the job with you guys.

10. Salvador Garza 5 years ago

Hello Shane!

I’m very interested in the AC position. I’m a DP with experience both the 5DMkII and 7D cameras. Recently shot a commercial on the 5D/7D cameras and blew up to 35mm for exhibition in local theaters in Cancun. I’m located in Mérida, a 2.5hr drive from Cancún. Fluent in both english and spanish. Can help you find candidates for the other positions.

11. Clive Mohale 5 years ago

It is always a pleasure to see a person like you being nice and helpful like you always do in you’re blog. Out of all professional filmmakers I knew you are different in so many ways and you share information without fear of competition. People back in Soweto, South Africa are still shocked that I attended your Bootcamp and the treatment you gave me is empowering .
    HDSLR to me is a movement that will never be stopped, Shane you proved that change is good so it is up to indie filmmakers to tell their stories or express themselves visually without fear.
    VIVA Shane Hurlbut and Elite Team.

Clive Mohale, in two words, I cried. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. VIVA, Clive Mohale, South Africa RULES!!!!

12. Alex Mongiello 5 years ago

I am definitely interested in helping as your AC. We have being shooting with HDSLRS for about 10 months and have several rigs and setups for different client scenarios. I have shoot for a documentary and several pilot episodes. Very familiar with workflow.

Alex Mongiello, thank you so much for your support and commitment to this revolution. We have found 2 incredibly talented A.C.’s from Mexico. They kicked ass and I am very happy. They hit the ground running today and made the Elite Team shine. Viva Mexico!!!

13. Alex Mongiello 5 years ago

I am definitely interested in helping as your AC. We have being shooting with HDSLRS for about 10 months and have several rigs and setups for different client scenarios. I have shot for a documentary and several pilot episodes. Very familiar with workflow.

14. FJ Velazquez 5 years ago

Hey. Do you still need help in Cancun.

Please let me know what are the requirements and pay.

I am based in Miami, FL

15. FJ Velazquez 5 years ago

Shane. Just to clarify…I am not concerned about the pay. It would just be a nice extra. Im am definitely interested to get to know and support you and learn from your team as an AC.

16. Akselbo 5 years ago

Hi shane
    going to LA to do some filming. But does anyone know if I can get redrock shouldersupport and handles thru airport security..or do I have to check it in with my lugage?
    Anyway I just got some fantastic adapters to mount easely on my zeiss zf so they now are canon mounts. It’s from Leitax the guy that also make stellar mounts for leica-r to canon. Its mounted with screws so no play!

Best k

Akselbo, no problem going through security. I do it all the time, they will check you stuff but it will not be a problem. Nice job on the adapters, yes Leitax is cranking out some great stuff.

17. Akselbo 5 years ago

Thanks for your experience.
    Yep leitax are great..he just finished those Nikon to canon adapters..great for Everybody using zeiss zf or nikon glass.
    I would love to hear your talk in LA in sept but returning to DK the 24sept. Sadly!

18. Nettie Galluzzi 5 years ago

Hey there, long time reader and lurker here with my first ever comment! My daughter is getting married to her lovely mexican gentleman soon, and I’m tasked with preparing the wedding party! I thought enchiladas would be a nice party snack, so trying to find a good enchilada recipe. What do you think? Any other ideas?? Anyway, thanks for your hard work as ever…

Nettie Galluzzi, you go to be kidding me. HA HA, No problem, I will ask Blanca, who is our babysitter. She owned her own restaurant in Mexico. She will fix you up. Stay tuned.