I started giving a Leica list out to individual colleagues and the request kept coming, so we decided to share it with everyone on the blog. These lenses are only R-Mount, they are the cream of the crop and through variest test we have found them to be excellent.
- Slightly warm in color, I alter my color temp. 200 degrees colder to counteract
- Wonderful Contrast and color reproduction
- Lenses do not breathe while racking focus
- Better cinema style focus rack then other still lenses
- Flare easily, will need to have lens hoods, matte boxes and french flags to help combat losing contrast
- After we de-clicked the lenses the blades on the f-stop ring close while shooting. Be sure to tape your f-stop every time you shoot so your exposure doesn’t drift
- Older lens technology, not up to date coating
- Out of focus highlights will give you a stop sign effect because of not having as many iris blades
This lens set was put together with love and commitment to excellence by my good friend David Marconi and Eva Jay http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0545861/. He is a writer/director and has fallen in love with this technology. David is directing a movie in the fall of 2010, where we will be taking the Leica’s and our Canon 5D’s to the Moroccan desert to shoot a thriller.
In early June David asked me to take this group of lenses and put them to the test. We used them on a Medal of Honor commercial with Bandito Brothers and a Nike commercial that Robert Elswit, ASC photograghed http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005696/
Fotodiox lens adapters are the tightest fitting and will focus at infinity.
Here are the best websites according to David and Eva for factual info. about the Leica’s.
|Leica Lenses||MIN. F-STOP||MAX. F-Stop|
|15 mm Elmarit -R ASPH ROM Leica||2.8||22|
|19 mm Elmarit -R Leica||2.8||22|
|21 mm Super-Angulon-R Leica||4||22|
|28 mm Elmarit-R Leica||2.8||22|
|35 mm Sumilux-R Leica||1.4||16|
|50 mm Summilux-R Leica||1.4||16|
|80 mm Summilux-R Leica||1.4||16|
|90 mm APO- Summicron-R Leica||2||16|
|35 mm Leica||2||16|
|60 mm Macro Leica||2.8||22|
|100 mm Macro Leica||2.8||22|
|280 mm Apo-Telyt-R Leica||2.8||22|
|280 extender Apo Extender-R 1.4 x|
|180 mm Telephoto-Apo-Summicron-R Leica||2|
|Apo-Telyt-R Modular Leica lens system|
|280/400/560 mm Lens Head Telephoto-Leica-R|
|400/560/800 mm Lens Head Telephoto-Leica-R|
|1x 280/400 – Focus Module||2.8|
|1.4x 400/560- Focus Module||4|
Panavision Primo Primes are the ultimate lenses. They produce cinema film quality imagery that will blow you away. The...
Matching different lenses to save time during color correction.
The lens’ traits can help tell your story. The look and feel of lenses, their characteristics of color and...
I have been asked by many of our readers to share details regarding my personal Gear Bag. I use...
Tests with the newest Leica Summilux C lenses vs. the gold standard Cooke S4s for Fathers and Daughters.
Here is the breakdown for the Mountain Rescue portion of Navy Swimmer. - 1-camera in deep...
I am back on land and ready to tear it up. The January newsletter has been a big...
When choosing a lens for the Canon 5D Mark II camera you have to consider the look and feel...