Press Releases: June 11, 2013 Blackmagic Design Wins “Design Award of the Year” at Australian International Design Awards June 3, 2013 Arby’s New National Ad Campaign Shot on Blackmagic Cinema Camera May 15, 2013 Friendly’s “Build Your Own Burger” Campaign Shot with Blackmagic Cinema Camera Announced at NAB 2012, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera [...]
May 15, 2013
Friendly’s “Build Your Own Burger” Campaign Shot with Blackmagic Cinema Camera
Announced at NAB 2012, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera includes two models: the new Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT and the Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF model.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera includes a super wide 13 stops of dynamic range, large 2.5K sensor, a built in SSD recorder that has the bandwidth to capture open standard CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files, a built in capacitive touch screen for direct metadata entry, standard jack audio connections, built in high speed Thunderbolt connection, 3 Gb/s SDI output and a refrigerated sensor for low noise.
One of the most important features of the camera is its super wide dynamic range of 13 stops, allowing feature film quality images. Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s wide dynamic range eliminates this problem and provides film quality with dramatically more detail retained in black and whites in the image. Once the shoot is complete, the included DaVinci Resolve color correction software can be used to adjust images and take advantage of this extra range in the images.
Key Features include:
- High resolution 2.5K sensor allows improved anti aliasing and reframing shots.
- Super wide 13 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Built in SSD allows high bandwidth recording of RAW video and long duration compressed video.
- Open file formats compatible with popular NLE software such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. No custom file formats.
- Includes no custom connections. Standard jack mic/line audio in, BNC 3 Gb/s SDI out, headphone, high speed Thunderbolt I/O technology, LANC remote control and standard DC 12-30V power connection.
- Capacitive touch screen LCD for camera settings and “slate” metadata entry.
- Compatible with extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses and other mounts via adapters.
- Supports 2.5K and 1080HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps.
- Thunderbolt connection allows direct camera capture via included Media Express software and supports live waveform monitoring via the included Blackmagic UltraScope software.
- Includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve 9.0 color grading software.