Need For Speed Posts
- Arri Alexa vs. Canon C500 Part 2 - This week we take you through Canon C500 and Arri Alexa tests of IR Filtration, Interior Latitude, Night ISO, and Night Driving.
- Arri Alexa vs. Canon C500 - Here is the first of a three part series on the Arri Alexa vs. the Canon C500 in camera tests for Need for Speed.
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera Tests - With the price decrease on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, new functions, firmware upgrades and the anticipated delivery of the Pocket Cam, I thought it would be perfect timing to run more of the tests that I did for Need for Speed.
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera: Putting It Through the Paces - More camera tests between the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Arri Alexa and Sony F5
- Canon 1D C Internal 4K Workflow - Many people have asked about how I am processing these huge files from the Canon 1D C and its powerful 4K in camera capture. Here is how we roll it out.
- Canon C500 vs. Film Camera Test - The Need for Speed camera test comparisons continue, with the Canon C500 vs. 35mm Kodak film stock.
- Contest – Where’s the GoPro in Need for Speed? - Find the GoPro Hero 3 shots in the new Need for Speed SuperBowl Trailer and enter to win.
- Digital Cinematography vs Film: Tides are Turning - As I embark on a long creative, exciting journey on Need for Speed with DreamWorks, I wanted to share some of my most recent findings from a five day camera test that pushed every camera to its breaking point.
- Here’s the GoPro in the Need for Speed Trailer - Thanks so much to everyone who gave it a shot and entered our Where's the GoPro in the Need for Speed Trailer? contest. It wasn't easy, but eight of you correctly answered all of the trivia questions and uploaded the two correct screenshots
- How Do I Create Ideas for Feature Films? - How do I create? ... Like a 5 year old. Try new things. Be selective. You have to follow your heart and believe in your ability and the longevity of your career.
- Hurl World Podcast - This podcast covers how we put you in the driver's seat at 180mph on Need for Speed, plus more on my experience and career.
- HurlBlog Reader Survey - Please complete this brief survey and you will be entered in a drawing to win a one hour call with both Shane Hurlbut and Lydia Hurlbut. Ends May 10.
- Hurlbut Returns Podcast - I joined the NeedCreative Podcast again this week. We talked about the art and science of cinematography and then did a mini-workshop. I go into story scenarios and how I would light and lens them.
- Lighting Day Exteriors - Lighting day exteriors is as much about choosing the right time as it is about your manipulation of the daylight.
- Need for Speed Lighting Breakdowns - Lighting car interiors at night. How I light, what choices I make with specific units, and why one lighting tool is selected over another.
- Need For Speed: Innovation, Gear and Cinematography - This post give you insight into how we pulled everything off. Need for Speed was shot on four different camera sensors.
- New York Meet Up - Join us for an informal "getting to know you" meet-up with Shane Hurlbut, ASC in New York City.
- Podcast on Selecting Cameras for Need for Speed - The approach to selecting cameras for Need for Speed. It's about each camera's unique abilities and how to use those abilities to your advantage.
- Red Epic vs. Canon C500 - These extensive tests between the Red Epic and the Canon C500 were conducted over three days with seven other cameras.
- Shane Hurlbut’s Go To Lighting Package - Many of you requested information on the go to lighting package. Having a package that can do many types of lighting is the secret. Lights that can multi-task are my recipe for success.
- The Need for Alligator Skin: Learning How to Lead - Get out there and start to form that skin. Being sensitive is a strength and a weakness. Finding the right level of each is the hard part and you will find that balance.
- The Power of a Stuntman in Need for Speed: No CGI Required - Need for Speed photography was done practically without the existence of CGI cars, planes, helicopters or virtual worlds and done with an elite group of professional drivers and extreme risk takers that put you in the driver seat at 180mph.
- Turning the Blackmagic Cinema Camera into a Movie Making Machine - Blackmagic graciously supplied a camera for testing. We pushed and pulled this baby to see when it would break as well as where it excelled.
- Turning Your GoPro Hero 3 into a Cinematic Movie Making Machine - We tested the GoPro Hero 3 and figured out what it would do best, which was immerse an audience like never before.
- Using Color Correction Gels with New Digital Cameras - Color correction gels can be used many ways, but what I will discuss is how to use them in subtle ways to create color contrast with the new digital sensors.
- Using Color Temp to Create Depth and Dimension with your HD Video - Lighting so that you can tell your stories with realism and accurate color temp.
- Where in the world is Shane? - We have a few days off from shooting, so here is a poll. Filming on Need for Speed moves to what location this week?
- Your 4K Pro Recording Solution for the Canon C500 - The Codex S Recorder is incredibly lightweight and gives you assurance that your negative is under lock and key. See how we are using it on Need for Speed.
Need For Speed Gallery
Need For Speed Press
Website Direct Linkhttps://goo.gl/p7S0x9
Go Creative Podcast:https://gocreativeshow.com/hurl-world-with-shane-hurlbut-gcs018/